1-1/2″ x 1-1/4″ Black Malleable Iron Hex Bushing
The Jinan 1-1/2″ x 1-1/4″ Black Malleable Iron Hex Bushing is suitable for use with gas, oil, and air applications. The bushing uses female and male threaded connections that complies with ANSI B 1.20.1 specifications. The bushing also features a maximum working pressure of 500 psi.
When you need to reduce a Black Iron pipeline or connect two Black Iron pipes that are different sizes, you will need some type of adapter. The Black Iron Hex Bushings change size from a fitting to a section of piping. They have one MPT end and one FPT end. The MPT end fits in a black malleable iron fitting and the FPT end fits around a different-sized black iron pipe.
Black iron is a popular material for many reasons. First, it has a high temperature tolerance, with the black coating being able to withstand temperatures up to 500F (260C) and the metal itself having a melting point of 2000+F (1093+C). It is also easy to work with. Unlike cast iron, black iron is malleable and workable. This is due to the fact that what people call “black iron” is not actually iron at all, but a mild steel. This material is a favorite for people putting together oil and gas lines.
- Inserts into female threading of a fitting to reduce size of a pipe or fitting
- For use with gas, oil, and air applications
- Malleable iron class 150 lb.
- 500 psi maximum working pressure
- Threads comply with ansi b1.20.1
- Consult your local building codes before installation
- Meets ASTM and ASME standards
- Made in China.
- Do not use for drinking water
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm- www.P65Warnings.ca.gov