1-1/4″ Black Malleable Iron 45-Degree Street Elbow
The 1-1/4″ Black Malleable Iron 45-Degree Street Elbow has one 1/2″ female-threaded connection and one 1/2″ male-threaded connection. This fitting lets the user change the direction of a pipeline by 45 degrees, which can be extremely helpful when installing gas or oil lines in walls or any confined space. The “street” design means this fitting connects to piping on one end and another fitting on the other end. Installation of this 45-degree street elbow fitting is simple, as it does not require any welding or soldering. An inexpensive thread sealant will be required for a watertight seal. Black iron is resistant to pressure, heat, and corrosion. Used most often in gas, oil, and water systems.
Black iron is a popular material for many reasons. First, it has a high temperature tolerance, with the black coating being able to withstand temperatures up to 500F (260C) and the metal itself having a melting point of 2000+F (1093+C). It is also easy to work with. Unlike cast iron, black iron is malleable and workable. This is due to the fact that what people call “black iron” is not actually iron at all, but a mild steel. This material is a favorite for people putting together oil and gas lines.
- For use with gas, oil, and air applications
- Malleable iron class 150 lb.
- Changes the direction of flow by 45 degrees
- Eliminates the need to connect a nipple to a conventional elbow when close offsets are encountered
- 500 psi maximum working pressure
- Threads comply with ansi b1.20.1
- Consult your local building codes before installation
- Made in China
- Do not use for drinking water
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm- www.P65Warnings.ca.gov