1/4″ Black Malleable Iron Pressure Union
The 1/4″ Black Malleable Iron Pressure Union Fittings have two female-threaded connections, allowing the user to connect two lengths of male-threaded black iron piping temporarily or permanently. The center of this union fitting can be unscrewed into two pieces for maintenance or replacement of old parts. Black iron is resistant to rust and corrosion, so it can be used in gas and oil supply lines. The union uses female threaded connections that complies with ANSI B 1.20.1 specifications. This union has female threads and withstands up to 500 psi.
Black iron is a popular material for many reasons. First, it has a high temperature tolerance, with the black coating being able to withstand temperatures up to 500F (260C) and the metal itself having a melting point of 2000+F (1093+C). It is also easy to work with. Unlike cast iron, black iron is malleable and workable. This is due to the fact that what people call “black iron” is not actually iron at all, but a mild steel. This material is a favorite for people putting together oil and gas lines.
- 150 lb. Class black malleable iron
- Connects 2 black malleable iron gas or oil pipes
- Use as a temporary or a permanent connection
- Each connection can be disassembled
- Female threaded connections comply with ansi b1.20.1
- 500 psi maximum working pressure
- Meets astm and asme standards
- Made in China. Jinan Brand
- Do not use for drinking water
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm- www.P65Warnings.ca.gov