1″ x 1/2″ x 1″ Black Malleable Iron Reducing Tee
The 1″ x 1/2″ x 1″ Black Malleable Iron Reducing Tee fitting has three female-threaded connections with a reducing size. This allows the user to attach this tee to two 1″ & one 1/2″ piece of male-threaded piping, creating a three-way junction in a oil or gas piping system. Installation of this tee fitting is simple, as it does not require welding or soldering. Thread sealant is necessary for a watertight seal. Black iron is resistant to rust and corrosion, so it is most often found in gas and oil systems.
Black iron is a popular material for many reasons. First, it has a high temperature tolerance, with the black coating being able to withstand temperatures up to 500F (260C) and the metal itself having a melting point of 2000+F (1093+C). It is also easy to work with. Unlike cast iron, black iron is malleable and workable. This is due to the fact that what people call “black iron” is not actually iron at all, but a mild steel. This material is a favorite for people putting together oil and gas lines.
- Forms a 90-degree branch connection of 3 pipes
- Use to reduce from a larger pipe size to a smaller pipe size
- For use in gas, oil, and air applications
- Malleable iron class 150 lb.
- Relative softness of metal helps provide a sure seal
- Female threads comply with ansi b 1.20.1
- Meets astm and asme standards
- Do not use for drinking water
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm- www.P65Warnings.ca.gov