3/8″ Black Malleable Iron 90-Degree Street Elbow
The 3/8″ black malleable iron 90-degree street elbow fittings have one female-threaded connection and one male-threaded connection. This allows the user to attach this elbow to one piece of male-threaded piping and one female-threaded fitting. This fitting is designed to change direction in a flow by 90 degrees and it does so in a unique way. Installation is simple with these 90-degree street elbows, as they only require thread sealant to create a tight seal. Black iron is resistant to rust and corrosion, it can be used in gas and oil supply lines.
Elbow fittings allow the user to turn a pipeline in a different direction. This 90-degree elbow shifts flow direction, as the name suggests, 90 degrees. This is extremely helpful when the pipeline has to navigate inside walls or around machinery. Black iron fittings are not technically made out of iron. They are composed of mild steel, which is more malleable and easy to work with compared to traditional cast iron. The black coating helps these fittings resist rust and other types of corrosion.
- For use with gas, oil, and air applications
- Malleable iron class 150 lb.
- Changes the direction of flow by 90 degrees
- Eliminates the need to connect a nipple to a conventional elbow when close offsets are encountered
- 500 psi maximum working pressure
- Threads comply with ansi b1.20.1
- Consult your local building codes before installation
- Made in China
- Do not use for drinking water
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm- www.P65Warnings.ca.gov